Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sunday, April 16 - Alachua, FL to Palatka, FL

 Alachua to Palatka, Florida.  If you can say either name correctly then you are better than most.  They say them differently than you think.  But who am I to say.  So one more day left in our ride across the US.  I can say many things about this ride and what I have learned.  But I am happy to report that people have just been nice to us.  Many along the way have gone out of their way to greet us, talk to us, give us water, help us, and show us kindness.  The rude occasional sole was few and far between.  We live in a beautiful country with people who are helpful and kind.  I have met fellow cyclist on the ride who are positive about life and live it to the max. Those memories will last forever.  Not that everything went perfectly on this trip but much more did than did not.  We had fun being kids and old men and women at the same time.  We ate terrific food and treats (that I will have give up to some extent or else).  My bike and my body did not let me down which was a real treat.  My wife was an angel to let me have this opportunity.  I guess I have a big hole to dig out of to make that even.  I guess I can’t say no to any of her ideas from here on out.  Oh well it was worth it.  Find your dream and live it in the best way you possibly can.

















No comments:

Post a Comment